Thursday, February 09, 2006

Your haxxx0r skill rises 0.3 points. (lol)

Check it out.. I got Pol running on Linux under Wine 0.9.7. well sorta.. the app will update but it crashes there after. I had to do quite the hackage to get it that far also. Copying the install shield msi system over from a native windows install.. massaging various .dll's so they were happy. Lube the setting in the right order.. use Desktop mode and in the pol config set operate in wndow mode to none. Pol (and prolby ffxi) have some code made to grab full screen focus, I believe this is where the hangup is. (Dx Graphics Emulation set to none gets the Benchmark running.. sorta. the main game would need this setting to display graphics.)



Oh well.. I guess I need to get back to pluging away at this.. Not much good I guess my chances of getting a playable FFXI Linux setup is prolby slim to none but this *is* proof that at least PlayOnline *can* run on Linux.